Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1st Dentist Visit

Landon had his first dentist appointment yesterday, and in all my nervousness about how it was going to go and whether he would cooperate or not, I totally forgot my camera! No pictures of the first dentist visit! Oh well. I guess I shouldn't have worried so much because he did FANTASTIC! They even took x-rays and cleaned and put fluoride on his teeth...wasn't expecting all that! He laid right back in the chair and it took a little coaxing to open wide. We tell him that we need to check for "sugar bugs." Works like a charm! He got a little antsy and uncooperative from time to time, but just needed to squeeze Mommy's hands and all was good. He got a new toothbrush and a prize (bubbles). Afterward we walked across the street to the dollar store where he picked out a toy motorcycle and some candy...dentist would love that! Great job Buddy!

3 comments:

Jessica said...

Yeah Landon! So proud of you! Lets hope Lilly does as well later this month! Good thing you got all the sugar bugs!

love auntie jess

Adam said...

Haha! No need to be sad. There are still other opportunities for you to bring that camera and take pictures of your kid inside the dentist office. I can't wait to see Addison visit her dentist soon!

johnson said...

My wife felt the same way when we took our son Jason to the dental clinic last time. I mean it's normal, but we have to show them how brave we are, so they won't get scared of their dentist. I hope to see some photos next time!

Johnson Paola